By participating in the Gift of Giving campaign, the brand/organization agrees to be bound by our Terms of Service (https://earthtoday.com/policies/terms-of-service).
In addition to those, these Gifting Terms & Conditions contain specific instructions on the distribution and use of the m², also called uon (unit of nature) during the Gift of Giving campaign, assisting participating brands/organizations to thereby authentically enhance their sustainability positioning and aiming to ensure the best practices in rewarding uon.
M² or uon are provided to participating brands/organizations to distribute as gifts to employees, customers or business relations.
- M² or uon shall not be used as a reward for products or services, unless agreed upon.
- M² or uon shall not be used as a compensation, nor be associated with any discount, or discount coupon.
- The brand/organization is not allowed to resell any of the acquired uon or claim codes to any third parties.
- M² or uon shall only be associated with participating brands/organizations that can reasonably confirm that all the relevant employees are fairly and equally treated.
- M² or uon shall only be associated with participating brands/organizations that are transparent, reliable and accurate in public available information.
- Participating brands/organizations shall ensure that each uon claim code (gift) distributed is unique and valid. Each uon claim code may be used and distributed only once by the
participating brands/organizations, regardless of whether or not the claim code is subsequently redeemed by the recipient.
- Participating brands/organizations shall only communicate about the M² or uon, about EarthToday, and other relevant information related to EarthToday in accordance with the
Communication Toolkit and Guidelines provided by EarthToday, and must not be associated with any product/service unless otherwise agreed upon.
- M² or uon is encouraged to be used for employee incentivization, ideally in the context of advancing the employer’s sustainable development targets.
- M² or uon can be used for customer engagement which contributes to promote positive awareness or/and used for motivating sustainable behavior, for both employees and consumers.
- In principle, EarthToday encourages the digital format of claim code reward, by sending emails or any mobile/APP integrations. In practice, the participating brands/organizations are permitted to use either digital or paper format, on the premises that printing out claim codes will not significantly add to their environmental footprint.
- EarthToday encourages participating brands/organizations to distribute all the claim codes acquired in the context of the Gift of Giving campaign within thirty (30) days after the participating brand/organization receives the batch of claim codes for gifting.